Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vancouver 2010-One Year Later

I've had some repeated requests recently to start including more pictures in my posts.  Since I don't normally blog on the weekends, I decided to do this special Sunday night post, where I'll do exactly that.  The next two weeks represent the one-year anniversary of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.  As a means of looking back, here are some of my favorite moments of the Vancouver Games (in no particular order):



The ridiculously hot Lindsey Vonn won two
medals, including a gold in the downhill.

Steve Holcomb and the "Night Train" earned the first
U.S. gold medal in four-man bobsled since 1948.

Tessa Virtue, who I declared the "Hottest Non-American
Olympian of 2010" (she's Canadian), took the gold in
ice dancing.  So did Scott Moir, but who cares?!

Five-time Olympic medalist Bode Miller earned
his first career Olympic gold in the super combined.

Bill DeMong's gold in the large hill competition was the
first ever by an American in the sport of Nordic combined.

Alexandre Bilodeau's gold medal in men's moguls
was the first ever won by a Canadian in a home Olympics.
Sidney Crosby caused delerium north of the border
when he scored in overtime to give Canada the gold
over the U.S. in men's hockey.  (This was No. 2 on my
Top 10 Games of 2010 list.)
Just days after her mother died unexpectedly,
Canadian Joannie Rochette earned an emotional
bronze medal in ladies' figure skating.


Apolo Anton Ohno picked up three medals in short
track speed skating, bringing his career total to eight,
the most in American Winter Olympic history.
There are plenty of other moments from Vancouver that I could've picked, but these nine were my absolute favorites.  Maybe there'll be a Part II of this series in the coming days, where I'll remember my favorite Vancouver memories by people from countries not located in North America.  But that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. there you go...i love the new look...color and words is waaaay better than only words...people wouldn't read the newspaper if there were no pictures

    good work and thanks for the weekend post

    ReplyDelete